IT'S PETITION TIME
REDUCE CAT OVERPOPULATION BY SIGNING, YOUR SIGNATURE COULD SAVES LIVES OF THOUSANDS
The Dog and cat management act is currently being reviewed and we work collaboratively we other SA cat rescues and have put a petition together to ask the government to fund free cat desexing programs.
Most Cats that end up in shelters and rescues are unowned. the current act only tells people to bring these cats to the R.S.P.C.A ,AWL or to vets.
this only continues to overload the system that is already beyond its capacity.
The system is broken it must change
The solution is to deploy free desexing programs to the areas where most cats come from. programs like this have successfully rolled out in Queensland, Victoria and NSW.
They have resulted in major reductions (some up to 60%) in the number of cats in shelters as well as lowered the euthanasia rate.
we need a minimum of 10,000 signatures for the legislative review committee to investigate this and they need to be all pen and paper so we need tour help
How can you help
1. SIGN (locations below)
2. COLLECT SIGNATURES
3. DO YOU KNOW ANY SHOPS THAT WOUDL BE HAPPY TO KEEP THE PETITION ON THEIR PREMISES
Lets do this SA
Current locations where you can sign:
• Paws for Pets – Marden Shopping Centre, 46 Portrush Rd, Marden
• Sassy's Cat Café – 499a Payneham Rd, Felixstow
• Tails Pet Centre – 170 Hancock Rd, Ridgehaven
• Pets Everywhere – 432 Prospect Rd, Kilburn
• Cherry Darling – Shop 6, 200 Richmond Road Richmond Village, Marleston
• MeowMe Cat Café – 106 Glen Osmond Rd, Parkside
• Petsland – Port Mall, Unit 23/178 St Vincent St, Port Adelaide
• Elizabeth Park Veterinary Clinic – 99 Yorktown Rd, Elizabeth Park
• Salisbury Veterinary Clinic – 177 Park Terrace, Salisbury
• Midway Road Veterinary Clinic – 3 Midway Rd, Elizabeth East
• Greencross Vets – 170b Murray St, Gawler
• Post Office – 18 Edith St, Edithburgh
• Post Office – 4 Weaver St, Stansbury
***more locations to come***